The Orion Chronicles is the first book, and series, in the wider Shadowverse continuity, and tells the story of Orion Shadow, a grey-furred unicorn noble from the city of Trottingham, and his many adventures as a protector of Equestria.
Main Characters Edit
Main Stories Edit
- That Fatal Kiss
- A Helping Hoof
- A Bug's Life
- Appleoosan Honeymoon
- Revenge of the Changelings
- Into the Swarm
- The Twin Dilemma
- The Oncoming Storm
- The Equality Paradox
- A Bond in Time
- From Moscolt With Love
- Unity Rises
- His Last Vow
- Army of the Dead
- Crystalline Shadows
Bonus Stories Edit
- Werewolves of Ponyville
- Her Majesty's Shadow
- Through the Mirror
- Resurgence of the Changelings
Plot Arc Edit
The anthology traces various events in Orion's life:
- His first meeting with Raven Sable, the mare who will become his wife.
- His marriage to Raven and eventual move to Ponyville, and his first meeting with Longhaul Hoofer.
- Early confrontations with the changelings, including the large invasion depicted in "Revenge of the Changelings" and the Crown's attempt at a diplomatic mission, seen in "Into the Swarm."
- Confrontations with Lager Hops, an identical unicorn with designs on rulership of Equestria, and Blackclaw, leader of the Manehattan gang Raven was previously a member of.
- Orion becoming a spy. Various missions are depicted in chapters 9-13.
- Raven's death, seen in Chapter 11.
- Orion's own death at the end of Chapter 13.
- An introduction to his great-granddaughter, Artemis Tenebrae, whom he mentors as a spirit, depicted in Chapters 14 and 15.